Medical Spa Services for Men
When you hear medical spa, “men” is not the first thing that comes to mind. It’s true that most of our
patients are women, however men make up about 25% of our clientele. Surprised? Don’t be. Just like
some of our female patients, most men tend to be secretive about their medical spa services. So, when
a man in his 40’s, 50’s and 60’s is looking more youthful, energetic and fit, we might have done
something to help him out.
Here are our top medical spa services for men:
Business work schedules, teenagers, and too much sun can create winkles on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth. Botox Cosmetic therapy is a non-invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles with little to no downtime. If fact, many people have Botox Cosmetic treatments during the day and can go back to work. The benefits include:
- Subtle changes that take effect over a few days – Botox Cosmetic can enhance your appearance, but it will not be “shockingly” noticeable. In addition, you will notice that it takes a few days to a week to see the results, so your colleagues and friends won’t notice an immediate change.
- Quick and easy with little to no downtime – Botox injections can be done during the day and you can go right back to work.
- Lasting results that are not permanent – Plastic surgery is a permanent change, and if you are not with the results … too bad. Botox Cosmetic is a subtle change and even though the results can last 6 to 9 months, they are not permanent.
Laser Hair Removal
Whether you like it or not, manscaping is a thing and too much hair can be, well, too much hair. Traditionally, laser hair removal was for very hairy men, but over the last 5 – 10 years this procedure has become popular with athletes who shave regularly, such as competitive cyclists, and men who want to enhance the look of their muscle tone. Laser hair removal is painless, permanent and efficient with no messy gels. The most popular treatments are for backs, neck, chest and arms. The benefits include:
- Permanently eliminates unwanted body hair
- No more nicks and razor burn
- Great for hard to reach places like your neck or back
- Can boost confidence and complements toned physiques
- Clean, professional look
The CoolSculpting procedure eliminates stubborn fat safely and effectively, without surgery or downtime. This is not an alternative to weight loss. This fat reduction treatment is the only FDA-cleared procedure to use controlled cooling to safely target and eliminate diet- and exercise- resistant fat. The most popular CoolSculpting areas for men are stomach (belly fat) and love handles. The benefits include:
- Little to no downtime.
- Improved self-confidence with a more “chiseled” body.
- Non-surgical alternative to liposuction with no scalpels or needles.
For some of us all the exercise and weight loss in the world does not reduce your double chin. At least you can blame your parents, but Kybella can reduce your submental fat (double chin). The active ingredient in Kybella is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat under your chin, Kybella causes the destruction of fat cells that are then absorbed by your body.
Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. It can take up to 6 treatments, and results vary depending on your body and goals. You will need down time after this procedure and the most common side effects are swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness and temporary areas of hardness around the treatment area. The benefits include:
- Permanent results
- Higher self-confidence
- Reduction of your double chin and a more sculpted neck
Microdermabrasion & Chemical Peels
Our male patients are always amazed on how much younger they look and how much better their skin feels after they take off the top layer of dead skin on their face. After years of sunscreen, lotions, shaving cream, sun and wind, your face develops a layer of dead skin the cuts off circulation and makes your wrinkles, acne and blemishes more pronounced. By
removing this dead layer of skin with a microdermabrasion or chemical peel, you stimulate new cell growth that improves tone, reduces scarring, acne scars, and age spots leaving you with younger, healthier skin. Benefits include:
- Improved circulation
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Younger-looking skin
Medical-Grade Skin Care Products
There’s a fun commercial that says, “men have skin too,” but even that company is not selling a great product. Advanced, medical-grade skin care products that are only available at medical spas and physician’s offices are superior products with effective results. Your Mystique skin care professional can determine exactly what your skin type needs and help combine our products into a personalized regimen. The benefits include:
- Younger-looking, heathier skin.
- Reducing dis-coloration, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Complements and enhances related services, such as Botox Cosmetic, microdermabrasion, and